Wednesday, November 23, 2005

back to california

it's a funny concept now that i think about it, not having real family over in the states. i never gave it much thought because i always considered it "normal" that i didn't have relatives here to turn to or to spend the holidays with.. or to visit on weekends and on vacation. i guess you can't "miss" what you didn't know you didn't have.

visiting japan with my dad and being with my auntie, uncle, and cousins + their kids, made me realize how lucky people are to even have a few relatives/family where they are. they get to take family trips to see each other, or spend weekends being spoiled by their grandmother who feeds them everything their mom won't-- potato chips, pizza, and cup-o-noodles (kappu ramen in japanese).

my friends are my family.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmm chicken

dsato said...

it sucks not having any family at all in what is supposed to be your country of origin...noone to have an excuse to visit during the holidays, the same city every year, noone to help you "get in touch with your roots."

xmaox said...

^dude, that was so emo.

don't take it away from me!! ;)