Friday, November 02, 2007

i thought this wouldn't hurt a lot, guess not

so my latest obsession is electro-indie...specifically, mgmt's oracular spectacular. their stuff is kinda weird (to me-- but this is coming from someone who thought paris hilton's stars are blind was a fun song-- i know, i just lost all my scene cred like 5 minutes ago) yet super freaking catchy. "technicolor" seems to be the buzzword to describe them, and i agree wholeheartedly. i am totally, seriously hxc freaking out over kids. like, i could listen to it over and over and over and over and i would still love it. other faves: time to pretend, the youth, the handshake.

it's out digitally (on itunes) for just $7.99... the physical cd will be out early 2008. buy itttt, your ears will thank me. and love me. and worship me. and do my homework for me... take my finals for me.. please?

look out for them on tour with of montreal NOW. their la shows are nov 8 & 9th, both nights at the avalon. i'll be at the nov 9th show (i almost had a schedule conflict, fortunately i've worked it out - nov 8th is robbers on high street (bbfries!!!) and great northern at the echoplex).

happy friday, yall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw MGMT last night in New Orleans and have been googling them all day. They are just freekin' amazing. Bought the album last night and have had it on replay ever since.