Thursday, January 01, 2009

as thirty dialogues bleed into one

hello all! akemashite omedetou~ (japanese for "happy new year").

so yesterday was a whirlwind of errands (finding accessories - bowtie headband at forever21; fire engine sippy cups at party city) and getting ready for nye and all the other things i needed to do before the year ended (that didn't end up getting done, aka cleaning my room), so no time for a year-end contemplative blog. i was self-checking out at ralphs yesterday and the checkout lady asked me if i was 21. i responded affirmatively, in a sort of "uh, isn't that obvious" tone and she didn't card me. dumbfounded, i asked her if she wanted to card me. but not before someone walking by goes "really? you're 21?" i was all "bb, i'm WAY over 21, you have no idea." thus concludes my ralphs adventure.

here are my resolutions:
(1) go out more often. from this, blog more.
(2) take better care of myself. this -hopefully- includes going to the gym. i'm getting poochy.
(3) find a job, post-grad.
(4) travel out of this state and/or country at least once before starting to work.
(5) be (and stay) positive.
(6) learn to cook beyond my repertoire of scrambled eggs, boiling water, and heating canned soup.

please note that there are no plans of: (1) getting married, (2) having children, (3) buying a condo. just... note that. oh, and my desktop is in the ICU. need to get my files off that thing before dr. issues a do-not-resuscitate order. which also means i'm going to need a copy of photoshop, if anyone wants to help me with that...

xoxo

3 comments:

b said...

sooo over 21...right!
you can microwave really well.

also, add: visit vanessa on your list. :-D

nice seeing you on tues. i went to the ER tht night. bleeeeehhhhh

shawnakah said...

i will partake in #1 please. also vegas is out of the state, if you know what i'm sayin'.

Shelby said...

so i linked to this from the 2011 post. BUT, in response to the "are you 21" question, my new response is "Plus 5" or whatever number you are. they are always surprised.