Tuesday, August 14, 2007

la la light the night

occasionally, i use my blogger powers for good rather than evil. here goes nothing:

Dear Readers & Friends,

I will be walking in the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Light the Night Walk at UCLA on Sunday, September 16th for the second year in a row. I am asking for your help in reaching my goal of raising $1000 this year. If you are interested in donating to help me reach my goal and make a difference, you can make a secure online donation at http://www.active.com/donate/ltnLosAn/2045_mshiokura. No amount is too big or too small!

WHY: As many of you may or may not know, Andrew McMahon, the lead singer of my favorite bands Something Corporate and Jack's Mannequin, was diagnosed with leukemia two years ago. On August 23rd, 2007, he will be celebrating the two-year anniversary of a stem cell transplant that saved his life. So it would really mean a lot to him and to me, if you all could support this worthy cause.

ALSO: This year, I will be leading several of the Southern California Jack’s Mannequin teams as TEAM CAPTAIN! I am hoping some of you would like to join my team(s). If you are interested in joining Team Jack’s Mannequin in the Greater Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, or San Diego area, or have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly (leave me a comment with your email address) or check out http://www.lightthenight.org/. I promise it’ll be fun!

SPECIAL THANKS: Last but definitely not least, I would like to thank those of you who gave so generously last year. With your support, I raised over $500, which absolutely blew me away. THANK YOU!

Love, Mao

No comments: