Friday, October 03, 2008

it's just that at night i've got nowhere to hide

these hammers and strings
been following me around

i'd just gotten halfway through the third run of The Glass Passenger. somewhere during "Hammers and Strings," i just felt complete. i was overwhelmed, but totally ok. i actually cried; i'd zoned out and before i knew it the tears were flowing. i was so glad i'd kept myself away from most of the youtube videos and from listening to the leak. it was worth it to have the actual cd in my laptop, knowing this was the real thing... that it was real.

i listened to the song again. my memory isn't that great, but three years ago, the first album came out... so many things have happened since then. perhaps some things were meant to happen, perhaps some weren't. yet the songs still make me wistful for those long-gone days. they still make me feel like what i've done in the past three years was worth it. that a lot of things i do are worth the effort. that there are still great things to do ahead of me...

third time's the charm, i guess.

No comments: